Sunday 14 April 2013

HOMEMADE RASPBERRY JELLY (KISIEL)

Custard and jelly always remind me my childhood. My mum used to buy such powdered desserts in a shop and we used to love them with my brother. Each of us had favourite flavours.

Now I prefer to make my own as I know what ingredients I put in and that is good for me.




HOMEMADE RASPBERRY JELLY / Makes 3 portions


INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 cup frozen or fresh raspberries (you can use any fruit)
  • 2 TBS potato starch
  • 1 & 2/3 cups water
  • stevia


METHOD:

Wash, cut - if needed, fruits and place them in a saucepan. Mix potato starch with 1/3 cup cold water. Pour the rest of water over fruits and place the pan on medium-high heat. When that mixture is boiling add potato starch with water and stir until you get the consistency of jelly. Cook for another 2 minutes. Sweeten with some stevia and transfer to small dishes and wait few minutes before serving or leave it to cool completely. 



2 comments: