Friday 22 March 2013

SCRAMBLED TOFU

I think I cannot say that every meal I post on my blog is my favourite. I will simply generalise that I eat what I like the most. All photos show my ideal choice of foods. 

Scrambled tofu is great breakfast as well as dinner option!




SCRAMBLED TOFU

INGREDIENTS:

  • 125 g organic natural tofu (GMO free)
  • 1 sliced portobello mushroom
  • enoki mushrooms
  • spring onion, white parts cut in medium size pieces
  • handful of spinach
  • 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
  • 2 tsp nutritional yeast
  • tamari sauce



METHOD:

Melt coconut oil or mild olive oil on a pan. Add mushrooms, garlic and spring onion. Cook on medium heat until soft. Crumble the tofu into the pan using fingers and stir fry until it is warm. Then add nutritional yeast, tamari sauce and mix well. At the end add spinach and cover the pan for a minute so spinach will be ready. Serve by itself or with nice slice of homemade toasted bread.  



* You can also use carrots, bell peppers (I like red ones), red onion and other spices like turmeric. 



No comments:

Post a Comment