Sunday 24 March 2013

LEMON & COCONUT LOAF with BERRIES

I have not had any cake in a while so I decided to make a very nice one. Last time I made simple lemon loaf like in the original recipe. It was a little too sweet and sour for me. And this time I did not make lemon glaze, I used less lemon juice and I added some berries which nicely balanced the sour taste.



LEMON & COCONUT LOAF with BERRIES
// Recipe adapted from Sprouted Kitchen //

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 organic eggs
  • 1/2 cup olive or rapeseed oil
  • 1/4 cup coconut milk
  • 1 TBS freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 1 TBS lemon zest
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
  • 1 cup wholegrain spelt flour
  • 1/2 cup coconut flour
  • 1 TBS ground flaxseeds
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp xanthan gum
  • 1/3 cup blueberries
  • 1/2 cup raspberries

METHOD:

Preheat the oven to 175C and line baking loaf pan with parchment paper.

Whisk eggs with sugar with electric mixer for few minutes. Add coconut milk, lemon zest and juice, vanilla extract and mix well. Mix all dry ingredients in a medium bowl and then add to egg mixture mixing well. At the end add berries and gently stir them in.


Pour the mixture into prepared loaf pan and bake until cake tester inserted into the cake comes out clean, about 40-50 minutes.





No comments:

Post a Comment