Thursday 21 March 2013

BEETROOT & LENTIL SALAD

I am really impressed how good salad I made few days ago. I would have served it with goats cheese but I had been cutting out dairy lately so I made nice refreshing dressing instead. 




BEETROOT & LENTIL SALAD / Serves 2


INGREDIENTS:
  • 3 beetroots
  • rapeseed oil
  • 1/2 green lentil
  • chive
  • celery leaves
  • pink salt

dressing:
  • 2 TBS lemon juice
  • 2 TBS olive oil
  • 2 TBS honey or agave nectar
  • 1 TBS nutritional yeast *without this dish would be gluten-free


METHOD:

Preheat the oven to 190-200 C.



Peel off and slice beetroots (about 4 mm thick), cover in rapeseed oil (I use hands to do that), place on the baking tray and roast till they are tender (about 30-40 mins). In the meantime cook green lentil in salted water for about 20 mins. Then strain grains and leave to cool down a little on the side. 


Shred celery leaves and cut chive, add to lentils and mix. In a small bowl mix well all dressing ingredients in and add to the lentil mixture when beetroot are ready. Place beets on a plate, then add lentil with herbs and dressing, sit and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment